Chanakya also known as Kautilya or Vishnu Gupta is one of the famous personality of Indian History born in 370BC and died in 283BC,he got his education at one of the ancient Universities of the world at Takshashila of Ancient India(Now in Pakistan) and later became a Acharya(Professor) in the same ancient university of economics and political science.
Chanakya played an important role in the establishment of Mauryan Empire in India and played important role in managing the mauryan empire and was Chief advisor to both Chandragupta and his son Bindusara.He also authored the famous ancient Indian political treatise called Arthaśāstra and Neetishastra (also known as Chanakya Niti).He is considered as the pioneer of the field of economics and political science in India,Here we will share some of the best chankya quotes.
1.Whoever imposes severe punishment becomes repulsive to the people; while he who awards mild punishment becomes contemptible. But whoever imposes punishment as deserved becomes respectable. For punishment when awarded with due consideration, makes the people devoted to righteousness and to works productive of wealth and enjoyment; while punishment, when ill-awarded under the influence of greed and anger or owing to ignorance, excites fury even among hermits and ascetics dwelling in forests, not to speak of householders.
19.The man who is foolish at the termination of his life shall always remain a fool.
22. We return evil for evil, in which there is no sin, for it is necessary to pay a wicked man in his own coin.
36. A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and Honest people are screwed first."
37. "Even if a snake is not poisonous,it should pretend to be venomous."
38. "The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody. If you cannot keep secret with you , do not expect that other will keep it. ! It will destroy you."
39. "There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no Friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth."
40."Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."
41."As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it."
42."Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."
43. A man is great by deeds, not by birth."
44. "Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. "For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends."