Saturday, March 13, 2010

TRANSLATION OF CHAAND SI (SINGER MUKESH)


chaand sii mahabuubaa ho merii kab aisaa mainne sochaa thaa
when will I get a beautiful-as-the-moon- sweetheart, I had always wondered
haan tum bilakul vaisii ho jaisaa mai.nne sochaa thaa
you're exactly the way I imagined

naa rasmen hain naa kasamen hain
no formalities, no promises
naa shikave hai.n naa vaade hain
no complaints, no vows
ik surat bholii bhaalii hai
only an innocent face
do nainaa siidhe saade hain - 2
with two lovely eyes
aisaa hii ruup khayaalon men thaa
this is the face of my dreams
jaisaa mainne sochaa thaa, haan ...
the way I imagined

merii khushiyaan hii naa baante
she doesn't just share my happiness
mere Gam bhii sahanaa chaahe
she wants to bear my sorrows too
dekhe naa khvaab vo mahalon ke
she doesn't dream of palaces
mere dil men rahanaa chaahe
she wants to reside in my heart
is duniyaa men kaun thaa aisaa
who else is like this in the world
jaisaa mainne sochaa thaa, haan ...
the way I imagined?

No comments:

Post a Comment