Saturday, March 13, 2010

TRANSLATION OF MEIN PAL DO PAL KA


Main pal do pal ka shaayar huun
I'm a poet only for a second or two;

pal do pal meri kahaani hai
my story will be over in a few seconds.

pal do pal meri hansti hai
My laughter is only for a moment or two;

pal do pal meri jawaani hai
my youth will be over in a few moments.

main pal do pal ka shaayar huun
I'm a poet only for a second or two.

mujhse pahale kitne shaayar aaye aur aakar chale gaye
Many poets came before me, and after coming, departed;

kuchh aahein bharkar laut gaye
some went filled with sighs,

kuchh nagme gaakar chale gaye
and some went singing songs.

voh bhi ek pal ka qissa tha
They were only the story of a moment in time;

main bhi ek pal ka qissa huun
I too am only the story of a moment.

kal tumse juda ho jaa'uunga
Tomorrow I will be separated from you,

voh aaj tumhaara hissa huun
but for today, I'm a part of you.

main pal do pal ka shaayar huun
I'm a poet of a moment or two, no more.

kal aur aayeinge nagmon ki
Tomorrow new songs will arrive,

khilti kaliyaan chunnevaale
freshly bloomed blossoms to be plucked.

mujhse behatar kahanevaale
There will be better storytellers than me,

tumse behatar sunnevaale
and better listeners than you.

kal koi mujhko yaad kare
Tomorrow, someone might remember me;

kyon koi mujhko yaad kare
but why should anyone remember me?

masaruuf zamaana mere liye
For my sake, why should this busy world

kyon vaqt apna barbaad kare
waste its time?

main pal do pal ka shaayar huun
I'm a poet only for a moment or two.

Favourite song of my three sisters and my law classmate Mr.Rehaman.  while studying law one day in a leisure period we discussed about music I said music is my life.For that he said we Muslims will not hear filmy songs, and it is a restriction for them.But he said this song from Kabhi Kabhi is his most favourite song because of heart touching lyrics.So this song with translation in my blog dedicating to him, because he is a nice class mate of mine and I dont know where he is because he is not in touch with all the class mates, no contacts of him so this song in my blog dedicating to him. 

1 comment:

  1. i had translated this awesome song too...
    its in my blog...

    ReplyDelete